- BS5308 Cable
- BS5467 Cable
- BS5839-1 Cable
- BS6004 Cable
- BS6195 Cable
- BS6231 Cable
- BS638 Part 4 Cable
- BS6387 Cable
- BS6622 Cable
- BS6724 Cable
- BS6883 Cable
- BS7211 Cable
- BS7629-1 Cable
- BS7835 Cable
- BS7846 Cable
- BS7870 Cable
- BS7917 Cable
- BS7919 Cable
- BS8436 Cable
- BS EN 50288 Cable
- CSA 22.2 No. 210-11 Cable
- CSA FT1 Cable
- IEC 60502 Cable
- IEC 60840 Cable
- IEC 61158 Cable
- IEC 62026-3 Cable
- NEK 606 Cable
- NF C32-321 Cable
- NF C32-322 Cable
- NF M87-202 Cable
- UL758 Cables & Wires
- UL1007 Cables & Wires
- UNE 21123 Cable
- VDE0250 Cable
- VDE0266 Cable
- VDE0274 Cable
- VDE0276 Cable
- VDE0472 Cable
- VDE0812 Cable
- VDE0815 Cable
- BASEC-Approved Cable
- British Standard Cables
- DNO-Approved Cable
- DNV-Approved Cable
- Harmonised Cable
- IEC Cable
- Lloyd's Register Cable
- LPCB-Approved Cable
- UL Approved / CSA Standard Cable
- VDE-Approved Cable
- OGUK / UKOOA
BS EN 50525 Cable
Low Voltage energy cables - up to 450/750V
This Standard supersedes and covers the harmonised cables across CENELEC countries that were previously included in HD21 and HD22 BS6500. It provides the general requirements for rigid and flexible energy cables up to 450/750V for power installations with domestic and industrial appliances and equipment.
Part 1 covers the Standard's general requirements.
Part 2-11 covers cables with flexible thermoplastic insulation for the connection of domestic appliances to fixed power supply. These include:
- H03VVH2-F: Light-duty flat cables - also known as 2192Y cable
- H05VV-F: Ordinary-duty circular cables
- H05VVH2-F: Ordinary-duty flat cables
- H03V2V2-F: Heat-resistant light-duty circular cables
- H03V2V2H2-F: Heat-resistant light-duty flat cables
- H05V2V2-F: Heat-resistant ordinary-duty circular cables - also known as 309-Y cable
- H05V2V2H2-F: Heat-resistant ordinary-duty flat cables
- H05V2V2D3-F: Ordinary-duty cables with a strain-bearing member
Part 2-12 covers cables with thermoplastic Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) insulation cables for extensible leads to connect domestic appliances to the fixed power supply. These include:
- H03VVH2H8-F: Light-duty flat cable
- H05VVH8-F: Ordinary-duty circular cable
- H05VVH2H8-F: Ordinary-duty flat cable
Part 2-21 covers flexible cables with cross-linked elastomeric insulation for flexible connection of appliances or equipment, including heavy-duty industrial equipment, to the fixed power supply. These include:
- H05RN-F: Ordinary-duty cables
- H07RN-F: Heavy-duty cables
- H07RN8-F: Heavy-duty water-resistant
- H05BB-F: Heat-resistant ordinary-duty cables
- H07BB-F: Heat-resistant heavy-duty cables
- H05BN4-F: Heat-resistant ordinary-duty cables
- H07BN4-F: Heat-resistant heavy-duty cables -also known as 6381TQ cable
- H05BQ-F: Heat-resistant TPU sheathed (90 degrees) ordinary-duty cables
- H07BQ-F: Heat-resistant TPU sheathed (90 degrees) heavy-duty cables
- H05GG-F: Heat-resistant EVA ordinary-duty circular cable (110oC)
- H05GGH2-F: Heat-resistant EVA ordinary-duty flat cable (110oC)
Part 2-22 covers high flexibility braided cables with cross-linked elastomeric insulation for the connection of domestic appliances to the fixed power supply where extra flexibility is required, including H03RT-H.
Part 2-31 covers single core non-sheathed cables with thermoplastic PVC insulation for fixed wiring applications. These include:
- H07V-K: Fixed wiring (Class 5 conductor)
- H05V-U & H05V-R: Internal wiring (Class 1 or 2 conductor)
- H05V-K: Internal wiring (Class 5 conductor) - also known as 2491X cable
- H07V2-U & H07V2-R: Heat-resistant fixed wiring Class 1 or 2 conductor)
- H07V2-K: Heat-resistant fixed wiring (Class 5 conductor) - known as tri-rated cable
- H05V2-U & H05V2-R: Heat-resistant fixed wiring (Class 1 or 2 conductor)
- H05V2-K: Heat-resistant internal wiring (Class 5 conductor)
Part 2-41 covers single core cables with cross-linked silicone rubber insulation for fixed installations within high temperature zones. These include:
- H05S-K: Heat-resistant non-sheathed cables (Class 5 conductor) for fixed wiring
- H03S-K: Non-sheathed cables (Class 5 conductor) for internal wiring
- H05SJ-U: Braided cables (Class 1 conductor) for fixed wiring
- H05SJ-K: Braided cables (Class 5 conductor) for fixed wiring
- H05SS-K: Sheathed cables (Class 5 conductor) for fixed wiring.
Part 2-42 covers single core non-sheathed cables with cross-linked EVA insulation for fixed installations within high temperature zones. These include:
- H07G-R: Heat-resistant cables for fixed wiring (Class 2 conductor).
- H07G-K: Heat-resistant cables for fixed wiring (Class 5 conductor).
- H05G-U: Cables for internal wiring (Class 1 conductor)
- H05G-K: Cables for internal wiring (Class 5 conductor)
Part 2-51 covers oil-resistant control cables with thermoplastic PVC insulation for the interconnection of manufacturing machines. These include:
- H05VVC4V5-K: Screened control cables
Part 2-71 covers flat tinsel cables (cords) with thermoplastic PVC insulation for the connection of small appliances to the fixed power supply, including H03VH-Y.
Part 2-72 covers flat divisible cables (cords) with thermoplastic PVC insulation for internal wiring or direct supply connection of luminaries (indoor use), including H03VH7H-F.
Part 2-81 covers cables with cross-linked elastomeric covering for arc welding. These welding cables provide the connection between the welding power source, the electrode holder and the workpiece. These include:
- H01N2-E: Extra-flexible welding cable.
Part 2-82 covers cables with cross-linked elastomeric insulation for use as decorative chains and with designated lampholders. These include:
- H05RN-F: For conductor sizes 0.75mm to 1.5mm
- H05RNH2-F: For conductor sizes 1.5mm or 2.5mm for two core flat cables
Part 2-83 covers multicore cables with cross-linked silicone rubber insulation for high temperature fixed installations with mechanical protection or for flexible use under low mechanical stress. These include:
- H05SST-F: Braided heat-resistant
- H05SSD3-K: Heat-resistant with strain-bearing element
- H05SSD3T-K: Braided heat-resistant with strain-bearing element
Part 3-11 covers flexible fire performance cables with Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) thermoplastic insulation for connection of domestic appliances to fixed supply in environments where LSZH properties are required. These include:
- H03Z1Z1H2-F: Light-duty flat cables
- H05Z1Z1-F: Ordinary-duty circular cables
- H05Z1Z1H2-F: Ordinary-duty flat cables
Part 3-21 covers flexible fire performance cables with LSZH cross-linked insulation and sheath for the connection of heavy-duty equipment and machinery to the fixed power supply in environments requiring LSZH properties, including HO7ZZ-F.
Part 3-31 covers single core fire performance cables with LSZH thermoplastic insulation for fixed wiring. These include:
- H07Z1-R: Fixed wiring cables (class 2 conductor)
- H07Z1-K: Fixed wiring cables (class 5 conductor)
- H05Z1-U: Internal wiring cables (class 1 conductor)
- H05Z1-R: Internal wiring cables (class 2 conductor)
- H05Z1-K: Internal wiring cables (class 5 conductor)
Part 3-41 cover single core non-sheathed fire performance cables with LSZH cross-linked insulation. These include:
- H07Z-R: Heat-resistant fixed wiring cables (class 2 conductor) - known as 6491B cable
- H07Z-K: Heat-resistant fixed wiring cables (class 5 conductor)
- H05Z-U: Heat-resistant internal wiring cables (class 1 conductor)
- H05Z-K: Heat-resistant internal wiring cables (class 5 conductor) - known as 2491B cable
For reference, the withdrawn standard BS6500 is applicable to BSEN50525-2:2001, BSEN50525-2-11:2011, BSEN50525-2-12:2011, BSEN50525-2-21:2011, and BSEN50525-2-71:2011. These European Standards were approved by CENELEC (European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization) and its members are bound to give it the status of national standard.
Call Sales on +44 (0)20 7241 8787
Click to Email Us We will reply within 3 hours
Technical Hotline +44 (0)20 7241 8500
About Eland Cables
Established in 1975, Eland Cables is a supplier of power, data, instrumentation and control cables and cable accessories to the world's most demanding industries and to some of its most prestigious projects. Our reputation is built on an unswerving focus on quality, technical expertise and customer service.
Our focus on quality has resulted in our in-house specialist cable testing facility securing the ISO 17025 accreditation. This certifies the competence, impartiality and performance capability of our laboratory and its evaluations. In turn, it means peace of mind for our customers with regard to the quality of the cables they source from us.
Our highly-qualified technical team is on hand to provide technical support with all aspects of cable selection, technical specification, regulatory requirements, and bespoke cable design and manufacture.
We are a key contributor to projects in over 100 countries every year, adding value through comprehensive technical support, reliable logistics, innovative solutions, and a customer-centric approach.
The Cable Lab®
UKAS-accredited specialist cable testing laboratory
The Cable Lab® our in-house cable testing facility, is UKAS-accredited to ISO 17025, which is the single most important standard for calibration and testing laboratories around the world. Accreditation to this international standard demonstrates our laboratory's technical competence and the accuracy of its results.
For our customers, it means peace of mind. They can have full confidence in the quality of our products and can demonstrate due diligence in selecting their cable supplier.
Our customers can also rely on the Cable Lab's services for an independent, objective and comprehensive quality assessment of cables procured from third parties.