Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use our cookies, how we use third party services and their cookie, as well as explaining your choices regarding these.
What are cookies:
A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of information sent by a website server and stored by your browser on your hard drive. It is designed to assist us and the third parties whose services we utilise in the monitoring of website operations and enhance your user experience. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change this by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
Cookies can be ‘persistent’ or ‘session’ cookies.
- Persistent cookies will remain on a visitors browser for the duration set by use (for a maximum of 10 years, expiring after two years if you have not used this Website during that period, or unless cleared via the user’s browser) or the cookie is purposely deleted. These cookies are activated each time a visitor returns to our Website.
- Sessions cookies are temporary. They start the moment a visitor begins to use our site and then they are deleted once the visitor has closed its browser.
How you can manage your cookies
If you still want to manage your cookies through your browser settings, please see links below depending on each browser:
- How to manage your Cookies in Chrome
- How to manage your Cookies in Safari
- How to manage your Cookies in Firefox
- How to manage your Cookies in Explorer
For more information please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website here: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/).
Eland Cables uses the following cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: these cookies are required for every visitor that uses our Website. They are necesary for us to be able to operate the Website correctly – including navigation and user features. These cookies are anonymous, they do not collect personal information about you, and cannot identify you;
- Analytical and Performance Cookies – these allow Eland Cables to monitor the volume of visitors to the Website and the route they take into the website in order to ensure that the Website is functioning well. These are third-party cookies and include Google Analytics and SEO monitoring tools such as SEMRush;
- Functionality Cookies – these allow Eland Cables to recognise users when they return to the Website, allowing Eland Cables to personalise the user experience such as holding products in a basket for a limited time across sessions; and
- Targeting Cookies – these track a user’s journey through the Website including pages visited and any links clicked on. These again include Google Analytics. Eland Cables may use these cookies to create profiles of user behaviour in order to improve user experience both at a general and individual level.
Why do we cookies:
- To provide users with the best experience in our Website
- To understand and learn about how our Website is being visited and used so we can keep making improvements
What third-party cookies do we use?
Analytics and Tracking:
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
Links to external websites
There are external links on our website that are provided to you as we believe they are relevant and may be of use in providing additional information. These links will take you to websites that are wholly independent of us, managed by third parties with their own policies and terms. We are not responsible for the content on these pages.
What we do
Our extensive portfolio is backed by a wide range of services that help your project run smoothly - together they make our complete cable solutionOur Services
The Cable Lab
A world-class ISO/IEC 17025 cable testing laboratory, accredited by UKAS, our specialist MV test facility, and the technical experts that help ensure quality and compliance for your cablesRead on
CPD cable training
Expert training for companies covering key areas including CPR cable compliance, MV cables, and Cable construction, materials and applicationsLearn more