Our Corporate, Social and Environmental Responsibilities
We are committed to being a responsible employer; nurturing of our employees, supportive of our business and local communities, and mindful of our environmental impact. We strive to create a positive working environment that is both safe and fair, where our responsible business practices make a positive contribution to society, and where we lead by example in protecting the environment and giving back to the communities we engage in.
Guided by our values of Respect, Partnership, Dynamism, Responsibility, and Commitment we pledge:
To our Colleagues
- We recognise the value of the work of our employees and the importance of earning enough to support a modern family,- we are a registered real Living Wage employer;
- We hold BSI ISO 45001 – a globally recognised accreditation for Occupational Health & Safety – demonstrating that our workplace is safe, we have the necessary provisions to protect our staff and visitors (superseding OHSAS 18001);
- We hold the British Safety Council 5-star award for Health & Safety, further demonstrating our commitment to our people’s wellbeing;
- We promote diversity and promote from within wherever possible, providing support in training and encouraging continuous professional development;
- We offer home-based and flexible working where appropriate, particularly supporting working parents continue to develop their career with us;
- We seek to foster an atmosphere of trust and operate an open-door policy, giving employees access to senior staff, support, and advice in managing professional issues;
- We support staff in seeking help with personal issues, signposting the available options and aiding emotionally and financially where applicable;
- We encourage a focus on personal wellbeing and promote healthy eating with the provision of breakfast, fresh fruit, and filtered water available on all sites.
To our community
- Recognising the privileged position we find ourselves in as a thriving business, we seek to support and engage with initiatives that help others, notably those disadvantaged by food poverty, social deprivation, disability and old age;
- As an international operation we look at the local communities we are sited within as well as taking a global view of the impact our support can make, backing initiatives around the world in countries we work in;
- We engage in fair working practices with our supply chain partners and with our Modern Anti-Slavery Policy expect their similar commitment to the partners they work with;
- We are part of the electrical industry too and seek to be a supporting voice in our business community. We support the work of the Electrical Industries Charity and in turn encourage our employees to utilise the services offered by them.
To the environment
- We are accredited to BSI ISO 14001:2015 for Environmental Management Certification, endorsing our commitment to and achievement of working practices and supply chain management practices that minimise our footprint;
- We hold the BSI RoHS Trusted Kitemark highlighting our continued commitment to preventing hazardous chemical substances from entering our wider supply chain through cable testing;
- We actively engage in resource conservation and recycling, implementing efficient practices and energy efficient measures on our sites;
- Our drivers utilise ‘green’ routes whenever possible when delivering to our customers and we encourage our logistics partners to do similar.
We seek to continually improve our working practices to be more mindful of our corporate, social and environmental responsibilities, and be a positive force with those we engage with.
Who We Are
An introduction to the business, it's people, and how we work with our customersLearn more
The Cable Lab
Learn more about our UKAS accredited ISO 17025 testing laboratory, our specialist MV test facility, and the tests that provide quality and compliance assuranceRead on
News & Media
The latest in company news, cable world insights, PR and videosRead on